ISOTHERM Thermal Insulation
ISOTHERM Thermal Insulation is suitable for roof, wall and geyser insulation. Manufactured by Brits Nonwoven,
- Cost effective – ISOTHERM pays for itself by reducing the electricity costs of energy-consuming heating and cooling systems.
- Safe and easy to install – The soft texture of ISOTHERM makes it is easy to roll out and cut to size. Pleasant to touch, ISOTHERM is simple and safe to install. It is non-allergenic, non-irritant and resilient and does not support the spread of flame.
- Maintenance-free – ISOTHERM is resistant to condensation and associated fungi and bacteria. It retains loft and will not collapse over time.
- Eco-friendly – ISOTHERM is made from 100% thermally bonded, people-friendly polyester. The polyester fibre is produced from recycled PET bottles. ISOTHERM is also recyclable.
- Accredited – ISOTHERM has recognised standards of quality such as the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and proof of qualitative associations with associations such as TIASA. ISOTHERM is also Agrément certified, an international standard of the highest quality and has earned ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Fire performance - ISOTHERM complies with SANS 10400, the application of the national building regulations, as an insulation material.
Tested in accordance with SANS 428:
- fire performance classification B/B 1/2.
- ASTM – E 84: spread of flame: nil.
- BS 5803 part 4: does not smoulder.
- Test reports available on request.
- For further information contact Brits Nonwoven.
- ASTM – E84:
- spread of flame = 0
- smoke index = 160
- smoke toxicity = < 1 (low toxicity)
- *SANS 10400 – 1990 The application of the national building regulations.
Moisture absorption: ISOTHERM does not absorb more than 2% (by mass) of moisture, which is within the limits set by the standard.
*Tested in accordance with SANS 1381: Part I (Materials for thermal insulation of buildings).
Performance (R-Values) - The R-Value is the measure of an insulation product’s ability to restrict heat transfer. The R-Value is therefore indicative of an insulation product’s thermal insulation performance. The higher the R-Value the better the performance and effectiveness of the insulation product. The R-Value of ISOTHERM is dependent on the thickness selected.
Up R-Values - This is the resistance to the upward flow of heat; sometimes referred to as “winter” R-Values or warming.
Down R-Values - This is the resistance to the downward flow of heat; sometimes referred to as “summer” R-Values or cooling.
Total R-Values - This is the total thermal resistance provided by a roof or ceiling assembly and /or wall, including the insulation material. Total R-Values are the best indicators of performance.